Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mom's Potatoes Au Gratin

*I recently won a contest with this recipe and it was featured in their blog:

INGREDIENTS:
- 6-7 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed

- 2 Tbsp. Butter

- 2 Tbsp. Flour

- 1 1/4 C. Milk

- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided

- 1/8 tsp. black ground pepper

- 1 C. Sharp Cheddar Cheese


DIRECTIONS:

1.) Boil potatoes in water with 1/4th tsp. salt until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain well.

2.) Melt Butter in Medium Saucepan and add flour, blending well into a paste.

3.) Add 1 1/4 C. Milk and stir continually until white sauce begins to thicken. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Continue stirring until white sauce is thickened. Add remaining salt and pepper.

4.) Place potatoes in a lightly greased 13 x 9 in. baking dish. Pour White sauce over potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove potatoes, stir lightly and top with cup of cheddar cheese.

5.) Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly!

6.) Enjoy!

*This was one of my favorite dishes growing up that my mom made- which is saying a lot because she is an amazing cook! I have always been a "potato girl", so I often begged my mom to make them, lol. Now that I'm married and out of the house, I have to make a batch whenever I get that craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment